I was recently rear ended by a Safeco insured.Fortunately, there were no injuries reported but like with most accidents there were damages.

The Safeco insured never accepted liability for about three weeks. After the accident, I noticed that the damages were not limited to the rear of my car. My headlights stopped working. One of them seemed to have died after the accident.

The other one kept flickering and died shortly thereafter. The Safeco approved repair facility and the claims adjuster have been saying that it has nothing to do with the accident. Still, the headlights burning out right after the accident is a big suspect because today’s automobiles have so much electronics built into it. When I ask for evidence all I get in terms of response are general opinions that are not based on scientific facts.

The adjuster also says the burden of proof is on me to prove that the front headlight were related to the accident. They know that it is hard to prove this without getting very sophisticated forensics experts to look into this which they assume someone will not go through for an $800 in pending claim. I am trying to get to the bottom of this since I feel cheated and my rights violated. I live in CT.

I would appreciate if you can point me to someone who can either diagnose or at least share their story if they were in a similar situation. At this point money is not important to me. I will gladly give away all the proceeds including the money owed to me to charity.

I just don’t like to be taken for a ride.Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Review about: Safeco Insurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Adjuster not taking calls, Bad business practices, I did not get a full refund.

Had an Experience with Safeco Insurance?

Comments