1.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

My wife and I were involved in a HIT and RUN accident several months ago, when we were hit from the rear.The truck took off, and I followed him to his home and called 911.

Then I called 911. When the police came, I told the police what had happened. They they went inside the home and talked to the other person who was driving the truck, The officer told me the other driver said " he thought he had slightly tapped me and that was the reason why he had left the scene of the accident. I told the officer it doesn't matter it was a hit and run and the officer agreed.

He went back to the house of the person who hit and ran, and then we exchanged insurance information, before the officer left and drove off. The police officer said the other guy could have said he didn't do it, but he didn't say this. However, when the report came back, the officer had written it up in the other persons favor, saying he had no idea he had hit me and that he was cooperative. I called my SAFECO and reported it to them.

Me and my wifeI had to see a chiropractic several times. However, when safeco received the report and I guess the other person insurance company said he didn't do it, SAFECO went haywire. Can you believe Safeco took me and my wife through almost two hours of interrogation each? They tried to convince me and my wife that the accident never happened and it was all in our head, because they thought fraud was involved.

They showed me some pictures from five or six years ago and expected me to remember all the scratches and dents that were there from five years ago. I told him i guess if you have pictures from five years ago, I guess they were there, then he showed me a picture from a tail light that was cracked from five years ago, I told him I changed that tail light, then he asked me if I still had the receipt, I told him no because I bought it on Ebay,and then he told me it would be good if I found the receipt . I told him it was not my fault that the old picture with the tail light looked similar to the one of the accident. Then he showed me some measurements from the truck and some writing on the truck, I told him I was chasing the truck and my mind was on following the truck.

Then he told me to take a long look at the picture because we have a lot of bills coming back to us. To make this short, this interrogator made this decision on his own based on his feelings that the accident did not happen, but it did. He also told me that my wife and I had to sign our interrogation papers before a decision was made. He lied because he made a decision on our case before the paperwork was completed and signed.

We had good coverage on this car, and all we wanted to do was to report a HIT and Run.

Now SAFECO is returning all our medical bills we really should not be paying.Worst Insurance company ever.

Review about: Safeco Insurance Auto Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Safeco Insurance?

Comments