Safeco Insurance - Nightmare Claims Process & Service
Isn't it interesting that a company partnered with Liberty Mutual that actually runs an infamous commercial (Who wants to drive around part of your car?) is seemingly synonymous with undervaluation of cars and partial claim payments?Talk about investing more money in running untruthful ads versus applying that to actual insured claims to ensure customer satisfaction!
I can't even fathom clicking one star as my claims process was horrible. I felt the very least I could do was warn future potential customers to avoid this insurance nightmare from happening to other consumers. We filed a claim back in December and we are STILL fighting for SAFECO (A Liberty Mutual Company) to do right and cover the last remaining 800.00 they owe us as they undervalued our vehicle and put undue pressure on my husband to very quickly settle. My husband and I run a business and from the onset of our claim we were told we would be working with an Ada Burton only to be rudely serviced by an obnoxious "Natasha Morrison" who seemed to be well versed in how to "blame shift and avoid responsibility and callbacks".
It took days to get anyone in their claims dept to let us know where the claim process was, and who would be contacting us for further questions. Nowhere in this process were we told that we should also independently consult outside parties to obtain the most accurate appraisal on a vehicle. My husband and I were under the impression as most insureds are that the our insurance company would handle and process our claim ethically and avoid impropriety in the valuation process. Turns out we were wrong!
On top of being parents, and business owners we were also supposed to know that once an accident occurs we are ALSO needing to be claim adjusters, and valuation experts, and lawyers having to fight on our own behalf to get what was sold to us in our policy. As of today Natasha's line of "well Insurance companies don't just give money away ya know!", not only irritated me but it really goes to show that an insurance company is only as good as their claim process which says absolutely NOTHING ABOUT SAFECO. Even then name "safe" seems like an outright lie. Avoid this company like the plague unless you like role playing because you will have to play all parts of the insurance company while suffering undue distress from the accident itself.
Back to Progressive I go but not before filing a formal complaint with the Office of Commissioner and and copying and pasting this review to any site that will shed light on shady insurance dealings.
It is really sad that my husband and I did everything by the book.We maintained insurance, paid it faithfully and even purchased Gap coverage in the event such an incident would occur.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service by agent
- Claims process or claims adjuster
- Reason of review:
- Terrible claims process
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am contacting you regarding an accident that took place on May 5, 2013. I was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 North near exit 43 around..."
- "I got hurt a work and back in 2005 I had 20 teeth come out from Taking Oxycontin for 12 yr...these rx pain pills caused my teeth to fall out....LM..."
- "I live in a rule area, I pay state farm $5,000.00 a year. On 5/13/14 a person back into my car in a parking lot, my car wasn't damaged. When..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- "i ordered the microwave/hood filters from frigidaire for $139.95. i received the wrong products. i called the service and they insisted they sent the right one and i have to..."
- "Motel 6 on Howell ave in Milwaukee is very unsanitary the springs were coming thru the mattress and the other one was sinking tried to talk to staff they had..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "I've ordered 3sweaters from us since 11/24/16. I do not receive them. However,we took the money from my account...."