Isn't it interesting that a company partnered with Liberty Mutual that actually runs an infamous commercial (Who wants to drive around part of your car?) is seemingly synonymous with undervaluation of cars and partial claim payments?Talk about investing more money in running untruthful ads versus applying that to actual insured claims to ensure customer satisfaction!
I can't even fathom clicking one star as my claims process was horrible. I felt the very least I could do was warn future potential customers to avoid this insurance nightmare from happening to other consumers. We filed a claim back in December and we are STILL fighting for SAFECO (A Liberty Mutual Company) to do right and cover the last remaining 800.00 they owe us as they undervalued our vehicle and put undue pressure on my husband to very quickly settle. My husband and I run a business and from the onset of our claim we were told we would be working with an Ada Burton only to be rudely serviced by an obnoxious "Natasha Morrison" who seemed to be well versed in how to "blame shift and avoid responsibility and callbacks".
It took days to get anyone in their claims dept to let us know where the claim process was, and who would be contacting us for further questions. Nowhere in this process were we told that we should also independently consult outside parties to obtain the most accurate appraisal on a vehicle. My husband and I were under the impression as most insureds are that the our insurance company would handle and process our claim ethically and avoid impropriety in the valuation process. Turns out we were wrong!
On top of being parents, and business owners we were also supposed to know that once an accident occurs we are ALSO needing to be claim adjusters, and valuation experts, and lawyers having to fight on our own behalf to get what was sold to us in our policy. As of today Natasha's line of "well Insurance companies don't just give money away ya know!", not only irritated me but it really goes to show that an insurance company is only as good as their claim process which says absolutely NOTHING ABOUT SAFECO. Even then name "safe" seems like an outright lie. Avoid this company like the plague unless you like role playing because you will have to play all parts of the insurance company while suffering undue distress from the accident itself.
Back to Progressive I go but not before filing a formal complaint with the Office of Commissioner and and copying and pasting this review to any site that will shed light on shady insurance dealings.
It is really sad that my husband and I did everything by the book.We maintained insurance, paid it faithfully and even purchased Gap coverage in the event such an incident would occur.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service by agent
- Claims process or claims adjuster
- Reason of review:
- Terrible claims process
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Scott Holdridge is a lying cheating ***. Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. File a claim and they take 4 days to get back to you. They're never in their office....."
- "Back on September 9, 2015 I was hit head on by a gecio insurance customer. Here it is 11 months later my medical bills haven't been paid, my..."
- "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."
- "Salesman jeremy in cleveland, wi showed us a few trailers, we decided on one and asked how tge tires are, he says theres no dry rot and tires look ok...as..."
- "We painted out deck last July and the paint is already pealing off, it was expensive I bought 5 gallons of paint and this is what I get? And..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."