Tiger Point, Florida

My 3 children, ages 18 to 12 were t-boned by a 17 year-driver who was speeding and ran a red light.It took 2 weeks for Safeco (the boys insurance), to total my girl's car and put the check in the mail.

They paid only 70% of its retail value. They also would not allow my daughter to have a rent car until 2 days after the wreck . Then they forced my daughter turn in the rent car 5 days before the check was even put in the mail. That is 7 days she had nothing to drive!

This not only forces me to pay more money to put her in a car, but also we only have 2 days to purchase and register a car before she has to drive 4 hours back to her college.

I feel like taking them to court but it will only cost me more time and money.I think they should change their name to CheatCo.

Had an Experience with Safeco Insurance?

Comments

Oak Park, California, United States #835144

If you are in California, you might try small claims court for up to $7500. I tried a few weeks ago and got a very decent settlement. It's a little scary but worth it.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #826035

Consider a claim for diminished value Safeco won't tell you about it you need to ask

Stafford, Virginia, United States #770871

Read your policy to see what you are entitled to and for how long